Friday, June 18, 2010

Hell Must Have Frozen Over for Eminem

I’ve never been a fan of Eminem, or very many rappers when I think about it, because of the general hateful language that sometimes come out of the lyrics. Eminem certainly had his days, but like everyone else, as he gets older, he’s getting more mellow.

And in a recent interview with the New York Times, the reporter asked a question about gay marriage, and turns out the new mature, sober, and tolerant Em is all for it. Who would have thunk it?

Here’s the complete exchange:

NYT: “You’ve been accused of writing gay-bashing lyrics in the past. Would you like to see gay marriage approved in Michigan, where you live?”

Eminem: “I think if two people love each other, then what the hell? I think that everyone should have the chance to be equally miserable, if they want.”


Wow, I thought I’d never see the day. But as Eminem shows, society can change. Maybe there’s hope for all of us to be miserable together one day.

Photo courtesy of the New York Times website.

No comments: